Beauty & Lifestyle Blog

Beauty

Rimmel 60 Second Nail Varnish: 405 Rose Libertine

This is the latest addition to my excessive nail varnish collection and has been added thanks to my lovely friend Hannah, who is a good friend from university and came to visit the big smoke on Saturday. In amongst the tapas and cocktails, I spotted this colour adorning Hannah’s fingernails and immediately wanted it. I have a real weakness for anything that could be said to fall within the coral family so this was perfect.

The colour is very pretty, bright, but not too bright, part coral, part pink and perfect for a sunny spring. After spotting it on Hannah, I insisted she text me the name of the shade when she got home and the next day I headed off to Superdrug to pick up my own bottle.

I do love the colour and for a price of around £3.50 I really shouldn’t complain – but the formula of Rimmel 60 Second Nail Varnish really is quite poor. I have mentioned this before when I picked up the shade ‘Euphoria’ – the claims of a one-coat, fast dry polish are just plain false. I did two coats for the pictures above and think it could do with a third and my nails didn’t dry any quicker than a normal polish. The only thing other than the colour that I would say I like is the brush – which is wide so coats the whole nail in a single (or single and a half) coat.

So basically, it’s a lovely colour – shame about the formula though. What do you think of Rimmel nail polishes?? Yay or Nay??

**The Small Print**

I bought this myself. In a shop. With real money.

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Recommended

• Smaira April 13, 2010 at 8:11 am

Hi there – I totally love this colour and blogged it this morning :) Although I have to say your camera has picked up on the coral better than mine – it seems to look more pink in my pics. I do love Rimmel polishes and for the price you cant argue – but I did need 3 coats!!!
    check out my new blog (would appreciate your thoughts!)…

if you like it, do follow me!
    Smaira x

• Amina April 13, 2010 at 8:35 am

Hi, i have this colour too but rarely wear it as the consistency is rubbish. is there a better quality dupe i wonder? it is a gorgeous shade
    x

• The Beauty Edit April 13, 2010 at 1:53 pm

Shame about the formula, the colour does look nice – very Betty Draper from Mad Men – in fact you do remind me of her! Maybe you can do a Betty FOTD?!

• Ola April 13, 2010 at 2:15 pm

I love the Rimmel PRO range, not so much the 60 second one. Rimmel PROs have wide, kind of ‘fanned-out’ brushes and the formula is really nice, most of them are almost opaque in one coat. Definitely recommended! I have recently reviewed one colour from that range, Beige Style, which is GORGEOUS, very in keeping with the ‘mannequin hands’ trend, but I think it’s got more pizzazz than all other colours of this kind!

• missy_ellie_uk April 13, 2010 at 6:36 pm

I was looking at this today and managed to resist it. Will probably end up going back and getting it tomorrow, the colour looks so gorgeous I think I could cope with the rubbish formula!

Ellie x

missyellieuk.blogspot.com

• Ms. Wedgie April 13, 2010 at 7:59 pm

I always find them a bit hit and miss! They do some great colours but they don’t seem to last as long as other brands and go super gloopy REALLY quick! It’s a 50/50 yay nay from moi!

x

• girl26 April 13, 2010 at 7:59 pm

I’ve found the 60 second nail varnishes work fine in darker colours – my dark brown dries really quick and one coat manages fine. Not so great for spring/summer though, the lighter polishes will probably need more… am also a big fan of the wider brush.

What does work really well for me are Sally Hansen quick dry drops, even over several coats it does the trick

x

• Brighter Sparks April 13, 2010 at 9:08 pm

Nice colour indeed! A good cheap fix if you’re short of cash. I actually find Rimmel to be a lot better quality than some more expensive brands like Chanel for example. Really liking Opi, Essie and Ciate at the moment though – bit more pricey but worth the investment as they last for ages x

• Beautyjunkielondon April 14, 2010 at 11:47 am

It really is a gorgeous colour – had lots of compliments on it since the weekend. It hasn’t really chipped either, but it has worn quite badly at the tip.

It would be good to find a better quality version of this colour if anyone knows of one…!

• Chanel Craves April 20, 2010 at 8:38 pm

Wooow. I love this color. I’m going to get this today. Come check out my blog.

• prettysweetlife.com April 22, 2010 at 2:26 am

Love the color, unfortunately I haven’t had any luck finding the pretty shade in the states. :( Does anyone know of any look-a-likes?

• On the Glam April 26, 2010 at 1:01 am

CND Colour also makes a gorgeous spring-worthy coral. It’s my new go-to, tho I’m sure that’ll change in a month…

• lancehibner May 8, 2010 at 10:07 am

Wow.. what a amazing colors. i love all this colors. and most the last three.Which is so cute. I like those very much.

Discont codes

• tartangirl August 7, 2010 at 2:30 pm

I tested the “deliciously dark” and it’s so poor. Bad formula, takes at least 10 minutes to dry and you need two coats. And it doesn’t even last more than two days. Sorry, but for me it’s a no no.

• makeup how to August 27, 2010 at 9:17 am

Thank you very much to share this information. It is very useful and informative.
    makeup tips

• Anna May 18, 2011 at 10:13 am

Pretty & cute color. I love all the colors in this shade. I will get one today. cheap prom dresses under 100

• Upcoming Chinese Actress in UK August 6, 2011 at 5:12 pm

I just tried my first Rimmel Lasting Finish in Lemondrop and boy was I disappointed. Sad as I really liked the colour and bought 2 bottles at once (the other was Apricot Punch), but it was so difficult to apply, the consistency so crap that my nails looked untidy and garish! Felt ugly! Not going back to this brand again. Anyone has a better recommendation for Rose Libertine-lookalike please say something as I am loving the colour on you! (btw recommend me a good brand lemondroppy colour too, please?)

• sad sms August 19, 2011 at 11:00 am

It is my great pleasure to visit your website and to enjoy your excellent post. Keep on posting and thanks for sharing this information.

• Upright Vacuum Cleaner Reviews February 25, 2012 at 8:27 pm

The colors perfectly blend with the rest of the style.