Make Up

Accessorize Make-Up (picture heavy) Preview

September 7, 2010

Accessorize, the well-known high street accessories store is soon to branch out into make-up. Launching at the end of September the extensive (and might I add, quite exciting…) range will be available in Accessories branches and Superdrug across the UK.

I was invited to the launch event and have had a bit of a preview/play with a few of the products and can’t help but feel a little bit excited. The range is affordable (most expensive product is a gift set that costs £10) and contains a huge range of colours under different ‘themes’ – designed to suit different looks/seasons/personalities.

Granted, some of the colours and styles of the products aren’t ground-breakingly original (some are clearly ‘inspired’ by good old Benefit and MAC), but the fact that they are good quality, great colours all for a really affordable price is what has me very excited. I think the range has potential to be a huge success.

The colours range from deep jewel tones, to acid brights with a good selection of easy to wear neutrals. The range is heavy on the shimmer, I didn’t spot a single matte eye shadow – so that may turn some off, but personally I love the shimmer so is a big plus for me. There’s a selection of baked products in the oh-so-popular style of the MAC mineralise range – but at a far more affordable price (baked bronzers are £6, blushers are £5 and eye shadows £4.50)

The Merged Baked Blushers

The Merged Baked Bronzers

As I mentioned the range has been divided into different ‘looks’ – Rock Star, With Love, Exotic Brights, Illusion and Je T’aime. The With Love range is the core selection of products that will be available year round and the stand out range for me was Illusion – it had some gorgeous shades including some beautiful ‘Merged Baked Eyeshadows’ and duo chrome nail varnishes that look like rainbow coloured oil slicks (this is a good thing).

Ultra Violet Eye Shadow – impressively pigmented & smooth for the price.
Gorgeous shade.

Make-up junkies that are a bit braver with colour than me will probably be drawn to the pigment pots called ‘eye dusts’ – I’m not sure of the exact amount of product in these, but they are bigger than Barry M Dazzle Dusts and cost just £3. There are some beautiful colours too.

The products that caught my attention the most are:

Merged Baked Blusher in the shades ‘Pretty Pink’ and ‘Starlet’ – pretty pink is a shimmering pale coral pink with lilac veining and Starlet is a scary-in-the-pan shade of hot pink with gold veining, but swatched is very pretty and wearable. [PIC OF ALL SHADES ABOVE]

Pretty Pink Merged Baked Blush – I have fallen for this, big time.

Illusion Eye Shadows in the shades ‘Truffle’ (a silvery taupe) and Olive (murky dark green with shimmer)

I *think* this is Olive, although there was another similar shade… either way.
It’s pretty for a smokey eye with a difference…

Duo Baked Eye Shadows in the shades ‘Pick Up Line’ (a mauvey/lilac combo) and ‘Bad Reputation’ (bronze and gold) [BOTH PICTURED IN BOTTOM OF THE TWO DUO E/S PICTURES]

The Duo Baked Eye Shadows
(bottom picture is a bit too heavy on the flash…)

Oh and I fell for pretty much all the nail colours from the Je T’Aime and Illusion ranges too….

It’s a good job this range is affordable or else I’m in trouble! What do you think – does any of the bits from the range I have mentioned sound interesting to you???

The range will be available in stores, at and in Superdrug.

You Might Also Like

• Reply kelly September 7, 2010 at 7:45 pm

I WANT I WANT I 3WANNNNNNNNNNT! ima be stalking superdrug!

• Reply Meeta September 7, 2010 at 7:53 pm

Exciting stuff! It looks very promising, I will definitely check this out once it’s launched.

• Reply Gemma September 7, 2010 at 8:16 pm

The mineralize blushes look really pretty! And so similar to Mac too, definatly going to keep an eye out for these!

• Reply Big Fashionista September 7, 2010 at 7:38 pm

Ooooooooh they look lovely. I’m a sucker for baked products x

• Reply Sarah@Blusherobsession September 7, 2010 at 7:51 pm

wow this looks great, can’t wait to try it!

• Reply Lauren September 7, 2010 at 7:53 pm

Oh my goodness, accessorize & makeup… what could be more perfect?!

SO wanting to try these, I hope they come to the store near me!

• Reply nicoletta September 7, 2010 at 7:54 pm

WOW these look really impressive i cant wait to see if they will be having them in my local superdrug x

• Reply Ria September 7, 2010 at 7:58 pm

Do you know if they’ll have them sold internationally?I really like them, and they sound like a bargain!

• Reply The Girlie Blog September 7, 2010 at 7:58 pm

LOL. I agree with you. Thank God cosmetics are affordable. I’d be broke too. Nice colors!

• Reply Bella Queen September 7, 2010 at 8:08 pm

Exciting news that Accessorize are bringing out a make up line. I would be interested to see them and put them to the test. So far, it all looks good, but the price point leaves me wondering a bit about quality.

• Reply missy_ellie_uk September 7, 2010 at 8:11 pm

This looks really good! I’m usually skeptical about non-makeup brands’ makeup lines, but this one seems to prove me wrong. Love the look of the baked blushers.

• Reply Rochelle September 7, 2010 at 8:16 pm

Will certainly be picking up Pretty Pink Blush when it is released it looks amazing! Thanks for sharing

• Reply Sherrie September 7, 2010 at 8:19 pm

OMG!!! So excited about this I love the blushers Pretty Pink & Starlet! The prices are even better 😉

Sher x

• Reply Lipglossiping September 7, 2010 at 8:26 pm

Oh, that does look interesting! Thanks for showing us! xx

• Reply liloo September 7, 2010 at 9:26 pm

omg omg roaring success for me already.
    this is superb.
    i am sold already on ‘illusion’ and ‘ultra violet’.
    PACKAGING IS OUTSTANDING, these butterflies need to make their way to my home.
    love it.
    super impresses how you’re already blogging about this.

• Reply Hannah September 7, 2010 at 9:27 pm

Oh. My. God. I want everything!!! Thanks so much for posting this! xx

• Reply lulubell September 7, 2010 at 8:46 pm

these look amazing! they proper look like mac products!

• Reply Beautyjunkielondon September 7, 2010 at 8:57 pm

Glad it’s not just me that’s excited about these.Should have seen me at the launch… I had a rainbow hand from all the colours I wanted to swatch! Very excited to give the blushes and eyeshadows a proper try!

• Reply Leanne September 7, 2010 at 9:03 pm

Okay, so I’m pretty much sold on the blushes already, and I don’t even need to see a picture of the nail polishes to know that I’m gonna want a whole bunch of them. You had me at ‘rainbow oil slick’!
    Will be keeping an eagle’s eye out!

• Reply Primp and Preen September 7, 2010 at 10:19 pm

Ooh this is so exciting, they look really good and so affordable too. Great post xx

• Reply Ket September 7, 2010 at 10:29 pm

uh oh I’m going to have to go check these out now! No self control here when there’s pretty makeup to hoard…

• Reply ChrissyDee September 7, 2010 at 10:32 pm

Love! Do you know the exact launch date? My Accessorize and Superdrug are next door to each other so with any luck I’ll manage to catch something before either one sells out xx

• Reply Mets GirLL September 8, 2010 at 12:37 am

I am sooo jealous! The drugstore products in the US don’t look nearly as fab as these!

• Reply Michelle September 8, 2010 at 9:29 am

Will definately be trying these products x

• Reply Rachel September 8, 2010 at 10:37 am

The blushers look amaaazing! In fact, I’m very excited and will be making sure I get a look at these! Will they be in all stores? xx

• Reply Beautyjunkielondon September 10, 2010 at 10:36 am

I believe so, maybe not all at once though!

• Reply Anitacska September 12, 2010 at 12:26 pm

Ooh, this is interesting, the blushes look very nice. :)

• Reply Dreams That Glitter September 28, 2010 at 8:07 pm

Oh my, the prettiness!!! It’s too much! Thank you so much for sharing these pictures, I can’t wait to check it out in person. That Pretty Pink blush is miiiiiiine ;).

• Reply xXMaNdAXx November 11, 2010 at 6:34 pm

can’t wait to try these while i’m over in london next year cause we don’t get these over here xoxo

• Reply Yuki November 27, 2010 at 7:43 pm

These look a lot like the Hard Candy line in the US, especially the baked blushes and baked eyeshadow duos.

• Reply Beautyjunkielondon November 27, 2010 at 11:55 pm

@Yuki So funny you say that, I just got my hands on a Hard Candy blush in a US/UK swap and other than the printing on the package I swear they could be the same product. Going to blog about it tomorrow.

• Reply Linda Jarvis December 22, 2011 at 6:28 pm

Do they test on animals?

• Reply Anonymous February 3, 2012 at 2:47 pm

They aren’t tested on animals, no.

• Reply Michelle Bowers October 8, 2012 at 8:08 am

I’m always drawn to these products when I go into superdrug, I think it’s the pretty packaging.

Stories of an English Rose