Beauty Body Health Lifestyle

It’s that time of year again…

March 16, 2011
get+fit

It’s always around this time of year that I go on a bit of a fitness/weight loss kick, and as predictable as ever I am  doing it again. It was this time last year that I fell for the wonders of Power Plate classes – which I still totally adore and would do far more regularly if I could afford it. But as an alternative I have recently joined the gym – Fitness First to be precise. I’ve joined through work, which means that I pay a reduced price but have access to all the clubs around London (all but one) and I’m aiming to go at least three times a week. But only once in my life have I managed to go to a gym regularly over the period of a whole year – so wish me luck with sticking to this!

Picture from Livelong.org.uk

In addition to this, I’m also taking a look at my eating habits. Which to be frank – are pretty horrendous. I struggle to resist temptation, see food as a treat and my tastebuds seem to constantly crave carbs/cheese/sugar. So I have signed up to the new (and hopefully improved) Weight Watchers Pro Points plan. I’ve been considering doing this for weeks but have finally taken the plunge in an attempt to keep an eye on what I am consuming every day. I tried the normal WW plan last year and stuck to it for a while, but then just tailed off. I found it too much effort to constantly log what I was eating and having to calculate how many points a meal was every time was a pain… so I’m hoping the new Pro Points will make a difference.

Along the way I’m also going to test out some other (hopefully complimentary) weight-loss/slimming type products, such as Rodial’s Crash Diet (despite the feeling that the name is quite irresponsible) to see if that delivers results. I’ve also heard that they have a new product called ‘Arm Sculpt’ that I’m very curious about too (I hate my bingo wings) so make pick this up for a road-test, depending how the other products fare.

Anyway, this is  just the initial update. I’m not going to post my current ‘vital statistics’ but I will post details about any loss (weight and/or inches) and perhaps at the end post the starting details to put in context. But at the moment – I’d love to hear any tips or suggestions you have for keeping the motivation going, making filling/tasty meals that are still healthy and keeping a bit of self control when eating out!

You Might Also Like

• Reply Lucy - Beauty and the Blogger March 16, 2011 at 10:00 am

Im monitoring what I eat a bit better and as soon as my knee heals (I fell and split my leg open across the knee) I’m getting back into running and maybe some exercise DVD’s. My body responds really well to exercise but I’m just lazy! I need a bikini bod for my hols this year – plus I’m moving in with my boyfriend next month so I’m trying not to get huge, the amount he eats is ridiculous and he never gains an ounce :-(

• Reply Estée March 16, 2011 at 10:04 am

oh my, I hate the gym.
    goodluck & godspeed!

essiebutton.blogspot.com

• Reply Beautyjunkielondon March 16, 2011 at 10:40 am

Eugh, I can totally relate to the impact of living with the boyfriend – that’s my main problem. I’ve been living with him for two years and in that time have steadily put on a stone, which I’m really hoping to shift (how realistic is shifting it in 6 weeks…?!) It’s so hard to manage portions, mine look measly compared to his so I always want more!x

• Reply Sami March 16, 2011 at 1:49 pm

Good luck – I’ve joined the gym but find it so hard to motivate myself to go! xx

• Reply Nikki March 16, 2011 at 1:53 pm

I am on a bit of a diet/health kick at the moment too! I am trying so hard to eat smaller portions, but then I just end up snacking more :(
    A yoga DVD is working for me for now, but I would love to go to a pilates class! I just need to get a lote more flexibility lol xx

• Reply Carly-Anne March 16, 2011 at 5:44 pm

I’ve been using ‘My Fitness Pal’ app on my phone to log all food and exercise, knowing I have to log everything sometimes stops me reaching for that extra biscuit.

Also, I think it’s good to have a goal- mine is a summer wedding I’m attending. I bought a dress (very early, I know 😉 ) which at the moment is a bit too tight, so I MUST lose a few more pounds to make sure I fit into it in time for the wedding.

Good luck :-) x

• Reply Natasha March 16, 2011 at 7:14 pm

I would recommend the South Beach Diet – so easy, no counting of points, easy to stick to it when eating out and most importantly – so yummy! Not to forget – it is very efficient too!

• Reply Red March 16, 2011 at 11:25 pm

When I’m trying to eat healthier I follow the Patrick Gilford low GI diet. The books he has have plenty of yummy recipes. You’ll realise it’s more the type of food that you eat rather and not so much the amount of calories (within limits of course). Found it easier to follow and energy levels were amazingly high compared to a low cal diet. To avoid the carb craving I quit caffeine and have chromium once a day. It mostly works for me!