Glossybox April (spoiler alert!)

April 27, 2012
This month’s (April’s) GlossyBox has an eco-friendly theme, even the box is recycled and comes in a lovely beige colour. I’m building quite a collection of rainbow coloured boxes…with the normal pink, red for Christmas, white for the Harrods box, pink for February…
So anyway, here’s a little look at the goodies that came in my Glossybox this month!
The make-up item is this eyeliner from Inika cosmetics, in a gorgeous deep purple shade – I first tried Inika when I received a liner with a Marie Claire magazine a while ago. This one is just as lovely, I like how the purple shade is deep and subtle – makes it really wearable.
Then there were four other lovely products – a Burt’s Bees Body Lotion, a Peppermint and Tea Tree balm (I love Peppermint, so this is a winner for me), a Monu Collagen Cream and a Caudalie Vinosource Serum. I’m a huge fan of the Caudalie range – especially the Vinosource products. I have tried this serum before so very happy to see this in there – it’s fantastic for dry/dehydrated skin – especially when used lightly around the eye area.
I’m very happy with the bits I got in the box this month – I don’t normally blog about just the contents, but as a couple of the brands were products I’ve tried in the past I felt I can vouch for their quality! I’m liking how Glossybox are doing different themes for the boxes, and how each one has a nice range of face/body/make-up products.
I guess my only comment on this months box would be that it might have been nice to switch one of the face or body products for a hair one? No big deal at all, but would have given it a real all-rounder feel to the box!
Still, at the end of the day – I just love the surprise factor of opening the box to see what they’ve included each time!

PR sample.

You Might Also Like

• Reply Kat April 27, 2012 at 8:27 am

Postmans just dropped mine off and i’m very happy with it. I got
    * Inika organic lip liner in the colour Safari (browny pink)
    * Ayuuri natural body wash 200ml in Rose,jasmine & aloe vera (it smells gorgeous)
    * Caudalie serum
    * Figs & Rouge balm in the flavour vanilla & cherry
    * Yes Nurse hand cream 50ml for over washed hands which has extracts of manuka honey & Omega oils

10 out of 10 for this one x

• Reply Ana Sofia April 27, 2012 at 9:06 am

I am so excited to get mine now! A couple of other bloggers got different products as opposed to the Burt’s Bee’s lotion – they instead recieved a gel/ straightening balm which was the hair product that you desired! Nevertheless i think the box you got was great, and i will be a very happy camper if mine turns out to be the same as yours :)

Love, Ana

• Reply londonliaison April 27, 2012 at 9:07 am

I just love your blog and nominated you for the “Versatile Blogger Award”. Read all about it here:

• Reply Lipstick Sunshine April 27, 2012 at 12:01 pm

I was a Carmine Box junkie and was so gutted when they sold over the Glossybox. I have decided to let a couple months go by before signing up to see if they really do a good takeover. So far this looks great!

• Reply Megan April 27, 2012 at 3:09 pm

This box looks really nice, especially the burts bees moisturiser. x

• Reply Emily April 27, 2012 at 5:41 pm

It’s great to see such popular brands like Glossybox promoting being green! Enjoy your products xx

• Reply aly7 April 27, 2012 at 8:53 pm

Looks like you got some great things! I love Burts Bees.

• Reply kristyhank April 28, 2012 at 3:53 am

Ooh I love Burt’s Bees products, it looks like a nice size product you got!

• Reply Rakhshanda April 28, 2012 at 7:33 am

Hi honey
    just saw your blog and I’m in love with it. I’m following you. It’ll be so nice of you if you come to me.

• Reply Sami April 28, 2012 at 8:06 pm

It’s nice to see Glossybox have tried to keep their customers guessing by introducing different themes as well as brands

• Reply Aimee April 28, 2012 at 8:12 pm

I must get a glossy box ordered…so jealous every time I see one!!

• Reply Bethiiboop May 1, 2012 at 4:04 pm

Ahh I’m so tempted to sign up to glossybox! I used to be so envious of all the American beauty gurus I watch when they opened there “birchboxes”. So i’m so glad there’s a UK version. Would you say they were worth the money? And do you find you actually use the products you recieve? :) x