Topshop Lipstick: Brighton Rock

I’m a HUGE fan of Topshop make-up – it started with a brief dabble in the cream blushers, then moved on to a full-blown obsession with the nail colours and now on to lipsticks.

Brighton Rock is a vibrant hot pink, but with a matte finish. I love a bright pink, but rarely go for a matte finish – I found this one matte, but not too drying. The plus side of matte shades is that they tend to last longer than glossy finishes.

I also love how a matte finish can make a bright lip more wearable for daytime – as it somehow manages to tone it down a bit. Having said all that, if your lips are dry this can show up any flaws – so give them a buff and some balm before applying.
Available from Topshop.

Bought by me.

16 Responses

1. Safiyah April 25, 2012 / 10:42 am

This was my favourite from the selection at top shop and I didn’t buy it coz I wasnt sure.. But now I am! Looks great on you, love it

2. EilidhPie April 25, 2012 / 11:47 am

That’s a great shade! I much prefer matte lipsticks. Xo

3. andreainglisxx April 25, 2012 / 5:30 pm

I saw this in the shop but the brightness scared me, however it looks so wearable on you! might have to go back and invest! It will also be my first topshop makeup purchase! can you recommend anything else? :)

Andrea xx

4. Dreams That Glitter xoxo April 25, 2012 / 8:46 pm

This is one of my favourite lipsticks and you look gorgeous in it.

5. Lisa April 26, 2012 / 11:51 am

I’ve yet to try any of Topshops make up range, but hearing so much about it I think I need to give it a go. The lipstick really suits you!

I’ve just started my blog, I’d love it if you could have a look and follow if you like.

Thanks, Lisa

6. Jane S April 26, 2012 / 10:17 pm

I have this and it’s been my go to lipstick for a while now! Love it! Also have ‘on the town’ a really creamy lilac! Want their orange colour next! J. X

7. jimmi lou April 28, 2012 / 4:35 am

Really love this shade it looks lovely on you!

joanne from

8. Sami April 28, 2012 / 8:12 pm

This was one of my first ever Topshop makeup buys and I instantly fell inlove with it! It’s such a versatile colour that suits everyone