Beauty Make Up

Bright eyes

November 12, 2012
Nights are getting longer, days shorter/colder/wetter…making getting out of bed in the morning significantly more difficult. As much as I’d like to spend the day curled up in my PJ’s staying warm and cosy, life gets in the way and I have to get to work! SO despite feeling like a zombie I need to look bright eyed and bushy tailed. So I thought my current go-to brighteners might be worth a mention as I doubt I’m the only one in this position!Β

IMG_4377 IMG_4382 IMG_4386

Starting with the Scandal’eyes liner from Rimmel – love it! It’s so much better than the old-fashioned white inner-eye line that frankly just looks a bit silly. But this offers a subtle brightening effect, countering any redness and making eyes look brighter. This will be a daily use product for the foreseeable future for me. Oh, and it stays put for hours – very impressive for such a bargain.
Next up are two new additions to the bareMinerals range – a correcting concealer with SPF20 and the Stroke of Light eye brightener. This combination banishes dark circles to make me look less like a dirty-stop-out and more like Sleeping Beauty (ahem, well – closer than I was before…). I absolutely adore the Eye Brightener – just pink enough to counter any blue areas, when combined with the concealer… it’s magic.
What I like about this trio is that they brighten the eyes but without making them looked caked in make-up. They offer impressive brightening or concealing – but without drying this delicate area. The concealer can also be used to cover up other blemishes and imperfections – not just around the eye area. I’m I’m not looking as tired (as I feel) I will skip the concealer and just go for the brightener – it has a similar effect to the YSL touche eclat (and similar) in perking the area up. For me it’s especially good around the inner corners where no matter how much sleep I get they still seem a bit on the blue side.
So if you’re lacking sleep but can’t avoid life and indulge in a lie-in then I highly recommend these three gems. Amazing stuff.

PR samples.

You Might Also Like

• Reply Gillian November 12, 2012 at 8:55 am

These products look really nice. I love brightening products.

Gillian x

• Reply Victoria November 12, 2012 at 11:48 am

These are going on my Christmas List! I am loving anything brightening up the eye area. Have you tried the lumitouch concealer? I actually think I prefer it to touche eclat and it doesn’t have the price tag!

• Reply HeartsAndCrosses November 12, 2012 at 5:24 pm

I love highlighters and brightening products. I really think so highly of bare minerals, there powders are amazing and never leave me caked!

• Reply MirrorOnThe Wall November 13, 2012 at 12:00 am

It’s as if you heard me moaning about my morning-eyes this morning, haha. I’ve been suffering from awful dark circles and puffiness of late and nothing really seems to get rid – I’ve been using Origins Gin Zing and some day I think it’s made a difference, whereas others it doesn’t seem to do a thing (today being one of those days!) I recently bought a great concealer from It Cosmetics and it does make a huge difference, but still can’t hide them completely, so I’m thinking of maybe trying pairing it with a corrector/brightening product.
    Have had my eye on that eyeliner for a while now too so will be picking that up soon.
    Mel x

• Reply missmeliaa November 13, 2012 at 2:40 am

I just purchased the BareMinerals corrector a few weeks ago! Hopefully it lives up to the rest of the brand.

• Reply Emily November 13, 2012 at 2:31 pm

I love the scandaleyes liner!!

• Reply Andii James November 13, 2012 at 6:15 pm

the scandaleyes liner is amazing i love the nude on just because they are soooo creamy!

• Reply Kristy Hank November 14, 2012 at 3:21 pm

Nice! I would totally use the liner. xx