Lifestyle Random

Bunny update

November 11, 2012
8115376322_875f1d46b1
This is a little bit of a self-indulgent/random post…but I thought I’d do a little update post on Charlton and Chip, my two little (or not so little) house bunnies. I think I’m borderline becoming the rabbit equivalent of a crazy cat lady…but I often get tweets or messages about them so thought I’d go all out and dedicate a whole post to them.
Charlton – the older of the two (the brown one) is a bossy as ever. He’s definitely the boss of the house and has a real thing for nose rubs. He will come and sit down next to you and nudge you until you rub his nose – and when you start he basically ‘deflates’ and flops down to enjoy the pampering. It’s pretty cute and nice to see how much more affectionate he’s become as he has gotten older.
Chip (the white one, with dark nose and ears) is an absolute little rascal. But totally adorable. She will spot any hole/wire/surface that she’s not supposed to go into/chew/climb on and do exactly as she’s not allowed. But then she will be so adorable that we kinda let her get away with anything – I mean, look at that face! You might be able to see in the top photo how we have had to use the shelf of an old shoe rack to block off underneath the bookcase…another place she runs to as soon as eyes are off her!Β
Recently we have been trying to get the two of them to become friends (or to ‘bond’ as all the rabbit websites call it). It’s been going ok-ish… we have basically been letting them out to run around at the same time. Charlton is a bit grumpy with her, he seems fine until she gets a bit to close then he has a bit of a grumble. But nothing too bad – and she can outrun him anyway. In fact, she actually leap-frogs him – which is quite entertaining to watch.
I’ve read all about these different tips like a car ride together or putting peanut butter on their heads to encourage grooming… but if you have any tips on how to encourage them to get along a little better that would be amazing. They do seem perfectly happy around each other, as long as they have their own space…but I’d like to get them to the point of snuggling together! Maybe asking too much?!
Hope you don’t mind the random bunny update… if you have any questions please let me know!Β

You Might Also Like

• Reply Abbie November 11, 2012 at 1:02 pm

I have such a soft spot for rabbits! They’re just adorable

thoughtsfromanothergirl.blogspot.com

• Reply Sophie November 11, 2012 at 1:06 pm

They are so cute! :) Good luck on having them bond.

• Reply One Little Vice November 11, 2012 at 2:57 pm

I absolutely love rabbits, when I’m older and can afford a pet I’m definitely going to get some house rabbits. Until then I can live vicariously through lovely posts like these :) I hope you have better luck getting them to bond soon xx

Angelica [One Little Vice]

• Reply Beautyjunkielondon November 11, 2012 at 7:44 pm

Aw, glad you like the post! You’re welcome to live vicariously through my rabbit posts!

• Reply Is This Real Life? November 11, 2012 at 3:52 pm

Ah so cute, such lovely photos! X

• Reply Mo November 11, 2012 at 4:50 pm

So when they do bond what are you going to do with the hundreds of little bunnies they will present you with?

• Reply Beautyjunkielondon November 11, 2012 at 7:43 pm

The boy (Charlton) has been neutered so we’re safe on that front!

• Reply NCoops November 11, 2012 at 6:07 pm

Awww – I’ve got two male rabbits (George and Lard-Boy – unfortunate nick name that stuck) they were the best of buds when we got them but when they hit puberty, they fought so we had to separate them. After neutering them both we are now in the processes of trying to re-bond them. It can take a long time but hopefully it will be worth it to see them both snuggled up together again! If you find anything that really helps them bond please let me know too! I bought a play-pen so they could lie next to each other at the same level when they were out. I tried the banana/peanut butter on the forehead thing and it just made Lard-boy want to eat George rather than groom him!

Twitter: @ncoops

• Reply HeartsAndCrosses November 11, 2012 at 6:52 pm

Awww this is so cute!! :) I used to have a rabbit years ago

x

• Reply Abby November 11, 2012 at 8:01 pm

I am sooo jealous! I’ve always wanted a House Rabbit but I still live at home and have no chance in hell of getting one haha I will one day though! Yours are such cuties xx

• Reply Kristina November 12, 2012 at 2:35 am

They are so lovely.
    You should post more about them.
    I introduced Caturday over at my blog just so I can indulge in my cat craziness. So maybe you should do Bunnday. πŸ˜‰

• Reply Stephiemcd November 12, 2012 at 11:04 am

I’m lucky enough to work just outside the city beside the harbour with lots of greenery beside us and we have loads of bunnys bouncing around. Its nice because you see them from babies right through to adulthood and they always provide us with entertainment when they play. The only issue is that you can clearly see where the phrase ‘breeding like rabbits’ came from as now they are everywhere and they are so fearless. They will come right beside your leg. Very cute though :)

x