Essie Leading Lady

So it’s January, the season of glitter and sparkle might technically be over… but if there’s ever a time that some glitter and sparkle is needed – it’s now. Dark mornings, dreary weather – Christmas is gone and Spring and Summer are still to far away… not to be a misery guts at all! On the positive side, it’s now that all the new Spring/Summer collections start hitting counters, so that’s something to look forward to!

If you’re missing that warm sparkle of the festive season then this little beauty will give you a little reminder just at your finger tips…Leading Lady is a deep red glitter that’s just gorgeous, from the Essie Winter Collection 2013.

IMG_6147 IMG_6149 IMG_6125

On the nails it is slightly brighter red (this is two coats) than in the bottle – but if you wanted a darker finish you could layer over a deeper red polish. What I love about this is that it’s a glittery twist on a classic nail colour – just adding that extra bit of pretty sparkle.

In my opinion glitter is for life – not just for Christmas!

Bought by me.

14 Responses

1. flabbyface January 8, 2013 / 9:21 am

That looks beautiful. I never follow season trends and always just wear whatever colour i fancy. It could be a heatwave and i’d maybe go for a dark nail or a festive red glitter like above. I’ve been looking for a decent red glitter that doesn’t dry to a gritty dull glitter. I hope this one stays glossy once dry?
    Jules x

2. Valérie January 8, 2013 / 9:58 am

I did a review of this nail polish too! 😀 I love it so much, though the glitter is kind of hard to get rid of. But it’s sooooo pretty! 😀 xx

3. Olivia January 8, 2013 / 11:36 am

Such a lovely colour! :) x

4. Emily January 8, 2013 / 11:47 am

I got a mini version of this and can’t wait to try it:)

5. Mattie January 8, 2013 / 4:12 pm

I love this colour – Essie do so many beautiful shades, I’m desperate to try one!x

6. Helen Gray January 8, 2013 / 7:36 pm

My Xmas Shade and my fave red ever, it just seems to glow rather than glitters. x

7. justalittlejasmineflower January 9, 2013 / 12:48 am

I’m in total agreement; glitter IS for life! This red-wine colour looks ideal for all seasons as well though! Also, the absolute opposite can look amazing too: I have just bought the ‘essie’ matte nail topcoat and it’s incredible! :) x

8. Kassie lee January 9, 2013 / 12:50 am

Love the deep dark red but I’m not a fan of the glitter and since christmas is over I’m kinda over the glitter phase, although it’s still quite pretty

9. Rosy Boardman January 9, 2013 / 12:37 pm

I love this colour! Just got a £2 off Essie voucher sent from Boots so may be purchasing this very soon! Thanks!
    Rosy x