Beauty & Lifestyle Blog

Beauty, Fashion, make-up

Geek

Sometimes I feel like such a fraud of a beauty blogger, because as much as I love make-up, my go-to look is definitely not a high maintenance/heavy one. I much prefer the lighter, natural look. This does make me feel guilty as I feel I should be using more products!

But at the end of the day, if you find a look you’re happy with – you have to stick with it! This is the perfect example of my natural look make-up – which, by the way does still use a fair amount of product. Including my current foundation love which is Estee Lauder Double Wear – not one known for it’s light and natural finish but one I’ve made work for me and absolutely adore.

IMG_3984IMG_3986

Tshirt- Topshop| Cardigan – Primark| Necklace – Primark| Watch – Michael Kors MK5315

To use Estee Lauder Double Wear* and still get a natural finish I have two tricks, one I always use and one I only use if I need an extra boost for some glow.

My first trick is to always buff using my favourite Real Techniques Buffing Brush. A sponge or a traditional foundation brush just don’t create the same finish.

My second trick, and the only one I use when I need an extra boost – I drop a tiny amount of serum in with the foundation. Only a tiny amount but it really does give it a boost. Serum wise, I’ve tried a few – Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair does the job really well.

As for other make-up, I keep it simple. Filling in brows for a little for definition (using Accessorize brow pencil in shade 01) plus a bit of MAC Brow Gel to fix. Touch of blusher – here I’m wearing Benefit Coralista, my all time blusher favourite. Layers and layers of mascara – currently loving Clinique High Impact Mascara*. It’s not their latest, but it has a great fluffy but not huge brush and is amazing for applying multiple layers without clumps. Bottom lashes is of course Clinique Bottom Lash – it’s an essential and a touch of Bare Minerals Concealer where needed. Done!

Anyone else like to keep things simple??

*PR sample.

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Recommended

• Robyn January 3, 2013 at 9:36 am

I don’t think you have to wear neon and glitter and heavy product to be a makeup lover! I keep things simple day-to-day because I have to for work but I get the same amount of joy playing with new neutral products and work-safe stuff as I do with brighter, funkier stuff.

• aubloomiel January 3, 2013 at 10:49 am

This is a really great look that suits you well. I prefer natural looks during the day as well staying nude with the eyeshadow (or naked indeed) and lips. I do love my blushes though and I agree mascara is essential. I got the two clinique mascaras you mention for Christmas and I love the High Impact one. It really doesn’t flake, clump or smudge at all. Still experimenting with the bottom lash one, I don’t normally wear anything on my bottom lashes so I still have to find the best way of applying it without smudges. But that’s just my clumsiness I guess!

• kirstyb January 3, 2013 at 11:44 am

loving the geek tee

• Anthea Lau January 3, 2013 at 12:52 pm

cute slogan tee, love your patterned cardigan too!
    would you like to follow each other?
    A
    xx

• Lucy - Beauty and the Blogger January 3, 2013 at 1:52 pm

I’m the same, love makeup and beauty but I tend to stick to the same looks for day and night. I know what suits me and I stick to it!

• Abby January 3, 2013 at 2:25 pm

Wow this foundation looks really nice on you! I’m the exact same, I adore beauty products but rarely ever wear anything other than the basics. I need to branch out more but like you say, if your happy then your happy! xx

Abby | Beauty and a Blogger

• Lily January 3, 2013 at 3:28 pm

I keep things simple too – I very rarely wear foundation, to be honest – I tend to go for lips, eyes (one shadow + sometimes liner, but nearly always mascara) and cheeks most days, but even for going out in the evening I often skip foundation. But then I do have pretty amazing skin so I’m lucky.

• Magpiegirl January 3, 2013 at 3:30 pm

I am the exact same. My friends and family don’t understand how a girl that almost never wears make up can be so interested that she blogs about it. I think its just that I love the idea of makeup and the self expression that it can be used for but I don’t feel as if I need it on a daily basis.

Thank you for doing this post, it helped me stop feeling like a fraud for blogging about beauty products.

• Sandy January 3, 2013 at 4:37 pm

I always go for simple looks during the day but I do like experimenting with eyeshadows and lippies for nights out. Your every day look is basically what I go for too! xx

• Zoe January 3, 2013 at 11:29 pm

Im also currently loving double wear but I mix it with mac strobe cream to keep it light! I love make up but always prefer a natural look! You look lovely x

• HeartsAndCrosses January 4, 2013 at 1:24 am

I like to keep my makeup fairly natural too, but I love a red lip! I dont use heavy face makeup though. Ive heard some great things about the estee lauder double wear! You look gorgeous

x

• Kassie lee January 4, 2013 at 3:21 am

I was wondering how that double wear foundation was. I’ve found a couple good reviews but it seesm i dont hear the name enough. Maybe it not to popular which makes me wonder how good it is