Beauty Fragrance Lifestyle

Jo Malone Earl Grey & Cucumber Cologne

January 17, 2013
8389238566_30dd5fc29d_z

Jo Malone is basically the leader of the pack when it comes to luxury fragrance. I adore the unusual fragrance combinations they have and this new addition is no different – I’m not a tea drinker myself, but had you asked me if I wanted to smell like a cup of Earl Grey, I’d probably look at you a bit funny and walk away.

Now throw in Cucumber and you definitely have me thinking you’re a bit on the odd side – but this ultimately very British combination really, really works. Of course, it’s not for everyone – but I absolutely love the scent.

Described on the Jo Malone London website as ‘A British tradition…afternoon tea. A fragrance with a burst of bergamot, distinct to Earl Grey, and the cool succulence of crunchy cucumber. Counterpoised with a sweet base of beeswax, vanilla and musk. Reviving and refined.”

This description really hits the nail on the head – it’s a combination of fresh and slightly musky/powdery – not an overwhelming floral so if you’re not a girly girl and prefer your fragrances on the unique side I’d definitely check this out.

Personally, I absolutely adore this and have worn it daily for the last few weeks – I also have been layering it with Molecule 01 as these two work really well together – but more on this later.

What do you think of the idea of Earl Grey and Cucumber Cologne??

Available from jomalone.com Β£38 for 30ml

PR sample.

You Might Also Like

• Reply ValΓ©rie January 17, 2013 at 5:56 pm

I really want to try Jo Malone! I’ve heard a lot of bloggers talk about this and it’s making me curious haha.
    xx

• Reply Lucie_xoxo January 17, 2013 at 6:57 pm

Ohhh I adore this scent!! Its delicious and so different from the usual cult perfumes! Great post :) xx

• Reply Hannah Cagney Lace January 18, 2013 at 8:50 am

I love Jo Malone perfumes as the scent combinations are always so different to the usual perfumes on the high street! I’m not an Earl Grey lover but I do enjoy the smell so I really want to check this fragrance out.

Hannah http://www.cagneyandlace.com

• Reply Jennifer Louise January 19, 2013 at 10:29 pm

Earl Gray and Cucumber is the most unique and intereting fragrance combination I have heard of! I will have to seek this out for a sniff.
    Jennifer xx
    asprinklingofeuphoria.blogspot.co.uk

• Reply Blogging in Pyjamas January 20, 2013 at 8:24 pm

I’m a recent convert to Jo Malone, after buying the Blackberry & Bay fragrance at Christmas (from me, to me). This one I smelt recently and love it. The perfect summer scent!

• Reply sexnmakeupdiaries January 22, 2013 at 12:19 am

Definitely a very interesting combo, have to check it out next time I’m in London… Is there any fragrance you can compare it with?