Rimmel Apocalips

Rimmel London has just this week – exclusively to the Facebook page – launched a pretty darn impressive new range of lip products. They’re called Apocalips (see what they did there) and these beauties are a high-street version of products that have been seen from other, higher-end brands – with real ‘wow’ colour, plus a bit of gloss that offers shine, but not stickiness  Basically a hybrid of gloss and lipstick that takes the best bits of each.
The range includes eight shades and I decided to pick out my four favourites from the range to take a closer look. Sorry this post doesn’t include lip swatches as I normally would, but my lips are horribly chapped at the moment thanks to the cold snap and frankly, no-one needs to see that so I thought the colour swatches would give a decent idea.

IMG_6348 IMG_6350 IMG_6351 IMG_6355

My four favourites from the range are Luna, Celestial, Stellar, and Apocaliptic – as pictured left to right above.

Luna is a peachy shade of nude, Celestial a warm toned pink, Stellar is a real ‘pow’ colour and Apocaliptic is rich and bright pink.

Texture wise, the pigmentation of these can’t be faulted – the swatches above are just one swipe. The texture manages to be creamy and moisturising, but still with really decent staying power. It perhaps doesn’t last quite as long as a normal lipstick but definitely longer than a normal gloss.

Personally I think these are amazing – especially for a high-street product and if you love lipstick then definitely check them out!

£5.99 Available from Facebook until launch later this month.

PR samples.

SHARE:

10 Responses

1. Tram January 18, 2013 / 9:03 am

These DO look amazing! The package is something I wouldn’t expect from Rimmel though! Wonder when they’ll hit Australia!

2. gleepface January 18, 2013 / 9:33 am

I’d love to get my hands on Luna and Stellar! These are beautiful.

3. Makeup Over Mind January 18, 2013 / 10:01 am

Wowza! I’ve been itching to get these for weeks now! Want, want, want!

4. Chloe Witty January 18, 2013 / 11:05 am

i think these look so good! they’d be perfect for long shifts at work when you still need lip colour but can’t top it up every hour

chloe @chlowitty blogs

5. Sara Hassan January 18, 2013 / 11:41 am

Oh, I am so tempted to try these out. Love all of them xx

6. Sarah January 18, 2013 / 7:51 pm

I know the feeling about the chapped lips – no lipstick for me at the moment!! However I love the look of Luna! xx

7. Deenie January 19, 2013 / 11:31 am

This sounds really odd, but I read this post late at night and when I fell asleep these lipglosses were in my dream, and I had to come back on here this morning to check that they existed, and now I know they do I’m definitely going to buy some!