Topshop Make Up Edit SS13 (part 1)

It’s time for some more exciting new releases from Topshop Make Up – this is the Make Up Edit SS13, with a selection of trend-led products as designed by Topshop Makeup Artist Hannah Murray and the Topshop Design Team. Described as a premium make-up collection that encapsulates those essential, ultimate products to create a sleek polished make up look with a flash of high definition colour.’

And when you see the pictures you will realise that when they say a flash of colour, they aren’t kidding…!

First up a mention of the packaging, the glossy silver does have a premium feel but overall I actually prefer the main line of Topshop make up packaging as it feels a little more unique than this collection. I do like how it has the more delicate white dots – as a nice little nod to the main line style.

Now on to the colours…starting, erm…subtle?!

IMG_6933 IMG_6935 IMG_6936 IMG_6938 IMG_6939 IMG_6944 IMG_6946 IMG_6948 IMG_6950 IMG_6953

First up is the Lip Paint in the shade ‘Low Down’ and there is nothing low or down about this bright orange! Right now it looks scary, but I’m sure on tanned skin in Summer it will look just stunning. Sadly I doubt my skin will ever look quite tanned enough to pull it off though!

Next there is ‘Straight Ace’…another not so subtle shade! A bright, bright, purple – this one is different to any other purple looking shade I’ve ever had before. Previously I’ve had ones that look purple in the bullet but when applied look softer or sheerer – not this one though. What you see if what you get – bight, unashamed purple. Very smooth, very creamy, purple.

Then there’s a safer feeling classic product in the form of ‘Carbon Copy’ mascara – love the wand on this – big fat fluffy brush. Just how I like it!

Then my favourite of the bits I’ve been playing with – a stick blush in ‘Acting Up’, which is described as an orange shade. But I find it’s on the slightly coral shade of orange, not too orange and when blended it’s gorgeous! The swatches above show it blended out and swatched heavily to show how it contrasts.

This is just part one of my posts on the Topshop Make Up Edit SS13 collection – I have another one to come soon!

But what’s your view of this Edited collection from Topshop Make Up? Loving the colour pop or a bit daunted by the intense colour?!

Topshop Make Up Edit SS13 available from 15th Feb at topshop.com (prices starting from £6)

PR samples.

SHARE:

20 Responses

1. Valérie February 15, 2013 / 8:05 am

Wow! They all seem like amazing products. I really love the pigmentation!

Great post!

XO
    scribblesofvalerie.blogspot.com

2. Eli Doinoff February 15, 2013 / 9:00 am

Everything looks so sweet, especially the blusher – I see myself using this in the summer :)

3. kittymakesup February 15, 2013 / 9:39 am

Oh my giddy aunt I need low down for my Ibiza hols! x

4. Porcelain Eleanor February 15, 2013 / 9:45 am

Ooh it’s out today!! very exciting! I really like the look of the lip paint and the blush, but I think that shade of lipstick is a bit too scary for me to try and pull of! Only for the brave! haha :)
    Eleanor x

5. Charli February 15, 2013 / 11:04 am

the lipstick reminds me of the 90s and being a young girl again with the £1 lippies, its fun but not for me now! The blush looks great tho

6. Hannah Cagney Lace February 15, 2013 / 11:31 am

I think my favourite would have to be the blush stick but probably because it’s the most wearable! I love the idea of Topshop doing mini edit collections and the colours you’ve shown look seriously pigmented. Well done Toppers!

Hannah http://www.cagneyandlace.com

7. Killian Reimers February 15, 2013 / 5:50 pm

Definitely very bold..I guess Topshop want to try something different from their usual game! But I’m glad the colours are so rich – In a way, they’re competing well with other high-street and high-end brands on this one, and at very affordable prices, nonetheless!

– Killian x
    indulgenceonabudget.blogspot.co.uk

8. Killian Reimers February 15, 2013 / 5:50 pm

– Killian x
    indulgenceonabudget.blogspot.co.uk

9. Olivia Frescura February 16, 2013 / 1:18 am

Love that orange! We just got a topshop in calfornia yesterday so I’ll have to check the makeup out sometime!

10. Miss Cherie February 16, 2013 / 6:34 pm

I saw the orange lip gloss in Topshop this morning, whoa! Not one for me at all. But the blush stick looks interesting, I knew my local store had this so I’ll have to go back and pick one up now I’ve seen a good swatch.

-Cheryl
    whatcheryldid.blogspot.com

11. Becky February 17, 2013 / 8:23 pm

I LOVE their new packaging! The lip paint looks beautiful xo

12. Deenie February 19, 2013 / 10:54 am

Topshop’s makeup really does seem lovely. I’m far too shy to try anything as bright as the lipstick but I must say it looks lovely!
    Deenie x

13. Laura M February 24, 2013 / 12:02 pm

Wow! The new packaging looks gorgeous:). I don’t know why but I’m really fancying the purple lipstick, it’s so unique and unusual! Great review Hun, I’m now following you:)