No7 BB Lips

BB seems to the word to stick on everything in beauty-land nowadays… there’s the BB cream, BB hair care…and now BB lips. Of course I can’t help but feel a little ‘over’ the whole BB madness (you will still struggle to convince me that a BB cream is really all that more than a really nice tinted moisturiser) but overlooking the ‘BB’ name, these little tubes of lip colour from No7 are rather fabulous.

no7 BB lips
IMG_1868 IMG_1864

These are basically nicely tinted lip gloss/balms – maybe a little more tinted, and they have the added bonus of SPF15 Ā but they offer a nice sheer wash of colour. Texture and shade wise, they’re very, very similar to the Clarins Instant Light Natural Lip Perfector – with the main difference being the type of applicator. But I wouldn’t be shocked if they were the inspiration behind the product – no complaints from me, it’s always nice to find more affordable versions of much loved products. There will of course always be differences, but these are a nice pocket-friendly alternative.

Texture wise, they really are creamy and hydrating – easy to apply as the tint is natural and sheer. They’re ideal for easy Summer days when you want something light and easy where if it wears off you don’t really mind or feel the need to touch up. Just my sort of lip shade!

There are six shades in the range, these three are: Blush Coral (coral), Blink Pink (pink) and Ballerina (nude). The others include ‘Blush Pink’, ‘Berry Rose’ and ‘Belle Pink’ – some brighter pinky shades in there to take from Summer into Autumn.

Available from Boots.com

PR samples

SHARE:

10 Responses

1. Scotlass99 August 8, 2013 / 11:31 am

I like the look of these, and totally agree about this BB craze..madness!

Scotlass99.blogspot.com

2. Jodie Marie August 8, 2013 / 11:40 am

BBlips? Really?? What can they possibly do.. They still look pretty though x

Jodie Marie | Ć  la Jode

3. Lauren Baker August 8, 2013 / 7:09 pm

I liked these more than the Clarins, it’s always nice when the cheaper product wins! xx

4. Stephanie B August 9, 2013 / 12:37 am

Love the pink and ciral ones! Will def check it out when in london in 10 days!

5. Becky Smith August 8, 2013 / 11:40 pm

I have Blush Coral and I don’t really understand what they mean by BB lips but I do really like it. It’s just a lovely little tinted balm/gloss type product and they’re perfect for summer as they contain SPF x

Becky @ The Little Blog of Beauty

6. Emily Knott August 9, 2013 / 9:27 am

These look good for the summer! But once autumn hits its lipstick all the way! :) Boots no7 have some great products!

BritishBeautyAddict

7. Zoe August 9, 2013 / 9:23 pm

I love the brownish nude shade, looks lovely!x