Last weekend I was in gorgeous Venice – which I’ll be blogging about shortly. But knowing the long weekend ahead is almost here I thought it would be perfect timing to share what I packed for a three day trip that we only had carry on luggage for. Which means I had to squeeze everything into the little plastic plastic bags… JOY. This is no mean feat for a beauty junkie who doesn’t like to be without her favourite products… so these are my Packing Light Beauty Essentials!
So carry on means has to be essentials only, and small sizes at that. So here’s what I packed:
Deodorant: Dove Original Mini
Cleanser: Thermal Cleansing Balm (mini) by Omorovicza plus Ole Henriksen Brightening Face Wipes
Moisturiser: La Roche Posay Toleriane Moisuriser
Sun Protection: La Roche-Posay Anthelios 30, SkinCeuticals Ultra Facial Defence SPF50, Ultra Sun Lip Protection
Eye Cream: Sunday Riley Start Over
Toothpaste: Arm & Hammer Advanced White Fresh Gel
Body: Bliss Lemon & Sage Body Butter
Lancome Cushion Foundation (love this stuff), Benefit Gimme Brow, Kat Von D Tattoo Liquid Eyeliner, Burberry Cashmere Concealer, D&G Waterproof Mascara, Kiko Eye Crayon, Chantedaille HD Perfecting Bronze, Lancome Juicy Shaker.
Perfume: Lancome La Vie Est Belle Mini (love this perfume).
My tips for packing light beauty essentials for short breaks…
- Rely on hotels if you can for shampoo/conditioner/shower gel – they save a lot of space. If you’re not sure they will have them (or not have stuff you’re happy to use) then pick something up at the airport where you won’t be heartbroken to leave behind for the return journey.
- Try and be realistic about what you will actually use – I always think I need more make-up than I do, I’m definitely more likely to take it easy on the beauty routine on holiday so try and prioritise moisturisers/sun care over make-up.
- Get gel nails – Obviously you don’t HAVE to do this, but they do take any thought out of feeling ‘polished’ on holiday with no worries of chips or carrying nail essentials with you.
- Don’t scrimp on sun care – I’m actually writing this from experience this weekend where I actually took a smaller suncream than the one shown (a mini spray size I had from the US) and it just failed on me and I got a little burnt, despite best efforts not to. If you’re going somewhere you know it will be warm and you will be outside a lot then maybe don’t pack suncare and buy some at the airport. Even if it’s a big size, rather use the right amount (always more than you think) and be protected and risk leaving some behind than being tight with it and getting burnt.
- Make a list according to your routine – Run through your daily beauty routine in your head and you can tick off each item you use so you know what you might want to make sure you have to hand when you’re away. Then go through it and take out any you can maybe do without for a few days.
If you are jetting off somewhere fun this weekend, or over the Summer – have an amazing time!
*PR sample or gift